All Life with Cancer programs and classes are cancelled Tuesday, December 10th due to the weather.WEATHER POLICY: If county public schools are closed for the day, all groups and classes for that day will be cancelled. If schools open on a 2-hour delay, groups and classes will go on as scheduled. If schools close early, all evening groups and classes will be cancelled. When in doubt...be safe and don't go out!
Young Adults (18-39) Program
Do you walk into the doctor’s office for your chemo treatment and feel completely out of place and isolated, because everyone around you is at least 20 years older than you?
If so, you are a young adult with cancer. Young adults, between the ages of 18-39, face unique issues that are not currently being met by the current continuum of care including fertility, isolation, insurance, dating/sexuality, financial assistance, education, employment and age-appropriate peer support including social networking.
Our Life with Cancer Young Adult Program addresses all of these issues and more. Our meetings are co-facilitated by an Oncology Social Worker and an Oncology Nurse Educator, and the group also meets on their own for happy hours and volunteering opportunities.
Other Resources for Young Adults with Cancer:
- Young Adult Cancer Survivors of Smith Center: http://www.smithcenter.org/cancer-support/young-adult-cancer-support-yacs.html
- Planet Cancer: www.planetcancer.org
- Iâ€™m Too Young for This: http://i2y.com
- Fertile Hope: www.fertilehope.org
- CampMakADream: www.campdream.org
- Young Adult Cancer Canada: www.youngadultcancer.ca
- Young Survival Organization: www.youngsurvival.org/
- Cancer and Careers: http://www.cancerandcareers.org/en