Life with Cancer Volunteer Opportunities
Life with Cancer welcomes and appreciates volunteers who wish to help us support the needs of individuals and families living with cancer. For more information about any of the following volunteer opportunities, please contact Catherine Intartaglia, MSW, Volunteer Program Manager, at email@example.com or 703-698-2534.
Front Desk, 10am-2pm Mondays
- Greet and direct program participants to class rooms
- Answer telephone and complete administrative work, as necessary
- Wood worker needed to craft Barbie Doll-sized IV pole and radiation machine (we have a sketch what these would look like).
Calling all seamstresses!:
- Can you sew neck pillows (like the ones used on airplanes) to be used by hospitalized patients for comfort?
- Seamstress needed to sew Barbie and Ken Doll-sized hospital gowns
- Work with Life with Cancer staff to prepare for, and clean up after various Life with Cancer classes. Duties include making confirmation phone calls/emails, maintaining class roster, creating name tags, greeting participants, setting up and tearing down meeting room, making copies, and other activities as requested. This position may be a weekly or monthly; time varies depending on the class.
- Volunteer to play relaxing, uplifting or inspiring music on the oncology unit for a couple of hours each week. Guitarists are especially encouraged to volunteer.
- Provide individual Reiki treatments at the Life with Cancer Family Center in Fairfax, VA
- Work one-on-one with hospitalized patients to trim or style hair or to provide simple manicures (no nail clipping or cuticle trimming). Ability to be available on short notice is necessary.