Life with Cancer weather policy:
* If county school systems, evening activities and/or adult education programs are cancelled, Life with Cancer will cancel classes and groups. * If county school systems have a delayed opening, Life with Cancer groups and classes will NOT be cancelled or delayed. * If county school systems have an early dismissal, Life with Cancer will cancel afternoon and evening classes and groups. * Note: Individual counseling and massage therapy appointments will take place as scheduled unless otherwise arranged between the counselor and/or massage therapist and client.
Grief and Bereavement
When someone we love has died our world can change dramatically, and it may be difficult to navigate the grieving process. Grief is a normal, healthy and healing emotion. Through education and support, the healing process begins.
- Good Grief Group: An eight-week educational and supportive program for people who have lost a loved one to cancer. Good Grief provides an opportunity for people to meet and talk with others who are grieving and learn ways to handle the changes that come after the loss of a loved one. The group is facilitated by Licensed Clinical Social Workers and counselors and is offered on a regular basis in various locations. Click here for our Good Grief registration form.
- Parent Bereavement Group: A monthly support group for parents of children, 18 and under, who have died from cancer. The group provides a supportive environment to share memories and ways to cope with the loss. The Parent Bereavement Group is co-facilitated by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a bereaved parent couple. The group meets on the second Thursday of each month from 7 – 9 p.m. at the Life with Cancer Family Center.
- Handling the Holidays: A class that offers positive strategies to help people cope with grief during the winter holiday season. This program is facilitated by Licensed Clinical Social Workers and counselors, and is offered in various locations.
- Short-Term Grief Counseling: Provided by Licensed Clinical Social Workers or counselors, short-term grief counseling is available for adults, teens, children or families who may be in need of individualized counseling or have specific issues or concerns.